Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Recipe - Blueberry Crunch

First let me say - I haven't been much of a blogger, but I have decided that I am going to jump in and start doing better, starting today. So, here goes.

This is one of my favorite desserts, all ways a hit at any kind of dinner that I take it to. We have been making it for years and years (probably about 15 years) and just last year, I saw a slightly different version of it in Paula Deen's Magazine.



Blueberry Nut Crunch

1 can #2 ½ Crushed Pineapple

2 cups frozen Blueberries, thawed

1 box Yellow Cake Mix

1 cup Sugar (divided into ¾ and ¼ cup)

½ cup Butter – melted

1 cup Pecans chopped


Lightly grease 13 X 9 inch pan. Spread undrained pineapple onto bottom of pan. Add layer of blueberries and sprinkle on ¾ cup of sugar. Spread dry cake mix over all. Drizzle melted butter over cake mix, top with nuts and sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup sugar. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes – take from oven. Cut down to bottom of pan, to let juices rise. Return to oven and bake 10 minutes longer.


Enjoy!

1 comment: